Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Deft

Today I am very pleased.  My mother had given me a little money for my birthday a few years ago, and I still hadn't found the perfect thing to spend it on until I found this painting by Carol Marine. http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/carol-marine/surprise!/96096

I've been a fan of Carol's work for a long time, but this painting really spoke to me.  The title of the painting is "Surprise!" but I think "Deft" when I see it, because I know that Carol is one deft painter.  She comes at her little paintings with a big flat brush and plunks that paint down right where it needs to go.  The light is fantastic, and that tea bag!--just a few confident strokes of paint and I could swear I can feel the warm vapor on my face and make out the fragrance of the tea.  I think it's Darjeeling.

I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail.  Before I hang it, I'm going to sit and admire it while drinking my tea.  Then I'm going to invite a friend to come and sit and admire it and drink tea with me.

This painting will be with me forever, not like clothes that will go out of style.  

You can find lots of other very nice pieces at DailyPaintworks.  Many of them are small and priced around $100, which are the perfect thing if you and your spouse can't agree on art.   You can sign up for the DailyPaintworks daily e-mail and receive beautiful things in your inbox every day.




No comments: