Monday, May 6, 2013

Runic Flea


Flea by Ann Tuck.  16"x20" Oil on canvas.
 So, the flea sketch mentioned in the last post did turn into a painting after all.

I'm all about just painting what I want to paint these days.  Especially after a break for preparing taxes.


I started out with a nice sketchy sketch

and worked most of the painting
 in only burnt sienna and ultramarine blue.

I always end up to adding a patch of cadmium red light for composition anyway, so that's what the runic things are all about--purely for composition.  Since paintings are for the observer to interpret, you can interpret the runes as you like too. (I haven't decided what they mean anyway).

I don't think I'll post this for sale anywhere.  The subject matter may turn people off my um...dog paintings.  If you're interested though, pop me a note.

No comments: