Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My painting in a Axe/Lynx commercial.

Perhaps many of you have seen the commercial "The Ideal Woman" for Axe (or Lynx depending on what country you are from) body spray for men.  My painting is featured in the last scene.   Someone had recently asked for press about my work, so I searched for the ad on YouTube this evening and found plenty of videos of it in several languages.

Here it is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1r01V1PjgA

The painting is of Paraguay and is owned by a friend who lives in a palace in Buenos Aires where some of the scenes were shot (her palace was featured in the movie "Evita" as well).  I just happened to see this commercial in a movie theater in England.  Had I not seen the movie, I would probably have never known that this painting was featured in a commercial.  The guys who were at the movie with me were totally unfazed by my "Oh!  That was my painting!".  Those Brits are hard to impress.

No comments: